The new Avalon gets slightly more compact for a bolder look, sportier styling and smoother ride, and is now available in four trims at Al Futtaim Motors, for AED 128,000 onwards.
The Toyota Avalon was always an option for those who wanted to approximate the luxurious spaciousness and the silent, smooth ride of a Lexus, yet wasn’t yet ready to move into the luxury segment. And now with the all-new 2013 Avalon launched in the UAE, Toyota expects more people to take interest in its flagship model.
[The new 6th generation Lexus ES is built on the Avalon platform. Read the ES 350 review or continue with the Avalon story.]
“The American team has re-imagined the Avalon to symbolize Toyota’s exciting new design and product direction for future vehicles. With its highly spacious, superb interior quality and excellent user friendly technology… we also expect the new vehicle to attract the attention of a younger demographic due to its striking and bold design features,” said Simon Frith, Managing Director, Al-Futtaim Motors, as the car was unveiled in the UAE.
Athletic yet graceful exterior
The new Avalon is slightly more compact but offers a bolder front perspective due to a wider, more assertive grille design and a redesigned front light cluster. The car fits into a modern, athletic design language with lower height, sloping roofline, lowered beltline and reduced front and rear overhangs. While the muscular front design is accentuated by the square Double-eye PES (Projector Ellipsoid System) headlamps and DRL (Daytime Running Lights) the rear gets a high-performance LED tail lamps.
The new Avalon’s interior surfaces are finished in premium materials, unique smoke chrome trim surrounding the centre panel, and high-quality glossy panel trim around the gear lever. As always, luxurious cushioning and premium leather give the passenger Avalon’s signature luxury and comfort experience. Built for long-haul, the new Avalon’s has power seats with built in memory and a better positioning with an electric seat cooling system.
The powerful and fuel efficient 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 273 horsepower at 6,200 rpm with 3 different drive modes: Normal, Eco, and Sport. The Avalon’s steering wheel features audio and cruise control switches, DISP (Display) TEL (Telephone switch), Voice Recognition calling as well as a vehicle-to-vehicle distance switch for Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. It also has large paddle-shift toggles. Apart from a vastly improved steering, the Avalon offers a balance of ride comfort and handling precision thanks to a revised front suspension and a dual-linked rear suspension.
Standard safety and comfort features:
• Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) / Traction Control (TRAC) / Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) / Brake Assist (BA)
• 16-inch ventilated disc brakes
• 10 airbags including driver and front passenger airbags, front & rear seat mounted side airbags, curtain-shield and driver & front Passenger knee airbags
• USB port, AUX input terminal and 12-volt power outlets
• JBL surround audio system with 11 speakers including 2 sub woofers and 12 channel external JBL synthesis amplifiers.
• 8 exterior colours and 3 interior colour themes – flaxen, light grey and black.
• Smart Key System standard
• Dynamic Radar Cruise Control to help control speed and keep a safe distance
• Pre-collision system to mitigate vehicle impact
• Rear window power shade
New Toyota Avalon 2013 Price:
“S” – AED128000, “SE” – AED 134000, “SE+” – AED 149000 and “Limited” – AED 154000