Revealed at a special event hosted at the Lincoln stand at GITEX Technology Week 2013, the all-new Lincoln MKZ is a significant step in Lincoln brand’s reinvention in the region.
First vehicle from the dedicated Lincoln Design Studio • Push Button Shift gear selector • 15.2 square-foot retractable Panoramic Roof • Quiet, well-appointed interior enhanced by standard Active Noise Control, genuine wood trim, full LCD instrumentation and SYNC® with MyLincoln Touch™ • Class-exclusive optional inflatable rear safety belts supplement eight standard airbags
- Lincoln Drive Control is an intelligent system that delivers a refined ride and engaging driving dynamics. Standard Lincoln Drive Control intuitively integrates multiple systems (engine, transmission, body and chassis) to deliver totally new Lincoln driving quality.
- MKZ innovations include a distinct Push Button Shift gear selector that enables flowing and architectural center console design.
- A quiet, well-appointed interior is enhanced by standard Active Noise Control, genuine wood trim, full LCD instrumentation, and SYNC® with MyLincoln Touch™ for navigation, music and connected gadgets.
- Class-exclusive available inflatable rear safety belts supplement eight standard airbags.
- Lane Keeping System, consisting of Lane Keeping Aid, Lane Keeping Alert and Driver Assist, the System utilizes a mono-vision camera integrated into the rearview mirror to read the lane markers ahead.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support each use a long-range radar system that scans in front of the vehicle, automatically adjusting to traffic speed and providing a visual and audible alert when a potential front-end collision is detected.
- Active park assist and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert use multiple short-range wide-angle radar sensors, making parallel parking easier and warning of oncoming vehicles while backing out.
- Lincoln Drive Control: Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) adjustable suspension, electric power-assisted steering (EPAS), engine, transmission, Active Noise Control (ANC), traction control and stability control systems.
- Three modes (Sport/Normal/Comfort) are on offer using MyLincoln Touch. CCD contributes to Lincoln Drive Control’s transparent action by monitoring the car’s suspension settings up to 500 times per second. (Strut front suspension and an all-new integral link rear suspension) The new MKZ is the only sedan in its class to include Continuously Controlled Damping and Active Noise Control as standard.
MKZ Engines, Transmissions and Drive Systems
3.7-liter V6 improving fuel economy approximately 5 percent. MKZ also utilizes a six-speed automatic transmission. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost® engine (late availability) will deliver the performance of a traditional V6 along with outstanding fuel economy
Improving grip on slippery roads, the available all-wheel-drive (AWD) system anticipates and adjusts the power delivery to the front and rear axles in as little as 16 milliseconds, faster than the blink of an eye.
The Retractable Panoramic Roof is a new signature feature for Lincoln. The 15.2-square-foot glass panel offers one of the largest openings available on any current sedan. The design maintains the structural strength of a steel-roof vehicle.
The crafted headlamp assemblies include bright, energy-efficient LED lighting. The front headlights turn in sync with the steering wheel, providing enhanced visibility. At the rear, LED technology enables a thin, distinctive full-width taillamp graphic.
Replacing the traditional mechanical transmission shift lever is a contemporary five-button interface. The individual buttons of Push Button Shift engage Park, Neutral, Reverse, and forward gears in two modes, Drive and Sport.
Premium-grade supple leather, responsibly harvested wood and metal-toned surfaces create a luxurious and comfortable interior space.
Standard luxury amenities include an 11-speaker audiophile entertainment system and cabin air filtration, plus heated front seats (with the driver’s featuring 10-way power controls), remote start capabilities and Active Noise Control.
In the silence-enhanced cabin, the available THX® II Certified Car Audio System is a Lincoln-exclusive that features 700 watts, 14 channels and 14 speakers – the result of 200 hours of tuning by sound engineers.
The new MKZ is the only sedan in its class to offer inflatable second-row outboard seat belts, especially keeping in mind the children or mature passengers that usually occupy the back seats.