Best Car Deals in UAE

PROMOTIONAL OFFERS AND SPECIAL PRICES

Most of the deals and offers in the UAE have been listed here. Know the best car deals here and wherever applicable, I have linked it to the reviews in the CAR REVIEWS segment.

All offers featured below may be subject to Terms & Conditions and unless otherwise mentioned the prices featured are in AED. Check with the respective dealer for details of the offer. (Brands featured are in alphabetical order.)

To help choose the best deal that suits you, read the quick guide to choosing the Best Deal.

One minute drive web banner horizontal

YAS MARINA CIRCUIT

Heart-pumping, out of-the-box Valentine’s gifts

Have a little race as passengers in an SST Radical race car, as Yas Marina Circuits driving instructors put both cars to the ultimate head to head test

AED 695 only for two – save 20%

Drive a Chevrolet Camaro down a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) approved drag strip

AED 995 only for two with 20% savings

(Offers valid through February)

FORD

5 years/150,000 km Warranty

120 days deferred payment

Minimum salary AED 3000 only

Competitive profit rate

Trade-in option

LEXUS

From Jan for a limited period on all models:

Standard service package 3-years/60,000kms

4-years/100,000kms

Lexus Select Event (Check if still available)

Prices from AED 119,900

Zero interest offer on Pajero

RENAULT

Win 2 Renault cars and prizes worth more than AED 150,000

5-year or one-million-kilometre warranty

5 years or 100,000 km service

1 year insurance

[valid on all models except commercial models]

TOYOTA

XC90 from AED 229,900

Volvo S60 Polestar

20% dealer down payment OR

10% cash back

3 years unlimited kilometers warranty

3 years roadside assistance

Sounds like a deal!Upward pointer

XC90 from AED 109,900

3 years/60,000kms service

5 years/100,000kms warranty

Volvo V40 R-Design from

20% dealer down payment OR

10% cash back

Starting from  AED 99,900

Read the quick guide to choosing the Best Deal.

191 Responses to Best Car Deals in UAE

1. AMIT says:

I was looking to buy SUV in Dubai.
    My budget is Max 70k
    Please suggest

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Within that price range, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage, Renault Duster and Captiva are a good place to start. If you are not in a hurry, why not wait to try the upcoming Mazda CX-3. Or during Ramadan offers, chances are the Suzuki Vitara could fall in that bracket, too. Have fun test driving, Amit!

2. nithin says:

I am waiting for the launch of redesigned Nissan murano and mazda cx9 in uae. when do you think these will get launched in uae?

3. Elie Farhat says:

Hello do you have any idea what will the Ramadan offers be ? i was considering on buying the GMC terrain , what do you suggest ?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

0% interest offers. 5 year warranty and service. Free Insurance. Cash discounts.. Let’s see how the promotion rivalry works out to the buyer’s advantage this time! I have a feeling there could be some good pre-Ramadan offers as well. Watch this space for highlights! Addressing your second query, the last time I drove an Opel Antara (same car), I was impressed. The new look Terrain impresses even more. A full drive review will be posted as soon as it is available. And all the best :-)

4. Akilesh NS says:

Hello sudeep.
    I am planing to buy hyundai tucson 2.4 AWD full option. What is your review about this car.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

The new Tucson is a huge improvement on the earlier edition. The 2.0L in the earlier version was a flat drive but the later Santa Fe I reviewed was rather impressive. The choice of the 2.4L engine is the way to go. Akilesh, I will post a detailed review soon. In the meanwhile, happy testing the Tucson, the Xtrail and the RAV4. And don’t forget the all-new spaceship from Kia! :-)

5. Stef N says:

I have a budget of 1500 aed a month…what SUV’s could I get for that?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Stephanie, let me assume that you are planning for 5 year payment @1500pm and have set aside another 20K for down payment. Which means we are looking at options costing around 100,000 (because you’ll be paying some interest too). That should point you to the Nissan X-Trail, Toyota RAV4, or the likes of the new Hyundai Tucson. Upsize your budget a little and you could also look at the all-new Toyota Fortuner or the Volkswagen Tiguan base trim – considering there are offers all around. Define your need, and your preference Stef and check back anytime! :-) [Reviews of most of these cars are available on Drivemeonline.com]

6. Jigz says:

Hello.

Buying my first car. Can you recommend me a non-hatchback automatic car which can fit a monthly mortgage of AED 1000 to 1200 for 4 years; 0% downpayment?

criteria in order of importance:

1. safety and reliability
    2. ease of maintenance and low maintenance cost
    3. comfort
    4. resale value

thanks!

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi, The 20% down payment is mandatory these days but some showrooms do help you with clever payment plans. That said, at a 1200 per month instalment limit, there are some obvious options answering your priority criteria. Go with the Toyota Yaris sedan or Nissan Sunny, or why not go for a European option, the Peugeot 301. I won’t comment on the new Kia and Hyundai in that segment as they are pending reviews. If you will opt for a 5 year plan, you’ll have access to stalwarts like Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla, as well as the Ford Fiesta. By the way, see if the MG350 or 550 (AW Rostamani Trading) have good deals inclusive of service. Those cars could surprise you!

7. Fizaan says:

Hi Sudeep, very informative data.

My budget is around 1800Aed as monthly instalments for a period of 5 years. Down payment of 20,000aed. I am looking at either an SUV or an entry level german luxury sedan (size and power dont matter if this category). Is it possible to aim for the same at this budget?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fizaan,

You have a good budget that allows you to look at vehicles around AED 115,000. For the German sedan part, let’s start with an entry level Volkswagen CC or an Opel Insignia. I would prefer those to a BMW 316i. (unless you are taking that crazy offer at Sharaf DG (UAE) – LG TV + 3-series for 90K or so!) If you aren’t particular about German, this is a good time to check out the Peugeot 508 – you’ll get a full option executive sedan at that price. As for SUVs, the trio to try would be Hyundai Santa Fe, Mazda CX-5 and a 2015 Ford Explorer. Besides stalwarts like X-trail or RAV 4 if you will.

• Fizaan says:

Thank you so much for your reply. What are your views on the Audi a3 top of the line or basic audi a4?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Test the A3 by all means; after all it was the ‘world car of the year’ at launch. The A4 is one of the noteworthy launches so far in 2016 though the starting price is 145,000. The drive is much smoother, the rear room and boot space is ample and one of the nicest cabins that money can buy. The 252 hp Quaatro is way sportier and powerful in handling than the 190 hp version though! (Check back in a week for a full review +video.)

8. Doni says:

Hello Sudeep,

I would appreciate your advice on choosing the best car for my budget as I am struggling for a while now. I have been choosing a sedan to upgrade for my wife for about a month now, which would be safe, comfortable, fun to drive and powerful at the same time. I have come up with the Mazda 6, Honda Accord and Toyota Avalon (my budget is no more than 150K). While I like Mazda 6 for being fun to drive and being made in Japan, I read reviews that it can be noisy in highways and the interior is not as nice as in Accord in Avalon. Accord seems to be a perfect choice, but the fact that they are built in China now really questions the quality side, aside from the fact that they say the cabin is not very quite either. Avalon seems a great car, comfy, luxury like interior, best reliability, but for 157K option they didn’t even put a blind spot monitor and lane departure warning, which is ridiculous of them I think.

9. savio says:

Hi Sudeep, any recommendation for a pre owned Mercedes or any other SUV within the range of AED 150-170.

Can you also recommend any new suv.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Savio, You need to define your usage further. The available options are too many; try a mix of elimination and choice. For around AED 160K, you should be able to get a two-year old ML or a three-year old X5. As for new, you could try the Volvo XC60, an Audi Q3, Infiniti FX or why not the new Discovery Sport? Go on a mission of discovery :-)

• savio says:

Thanks for your suggestions. I did some research and test drove a new Jeep Grand cherokee 2015. Im still to make up my mind on a limited variant v6 for 150K or a feature loaded pre owned summit v8 for 175k from the dealer. My only concern is the resale value say after 2 years. I drive around 60 km per day will fuel consumption on the v8 be more.

Thanks

• savio says:

Hi Sudeep,

I have finally narrowed down my decision to go ahead with either pre owned 2015 Mercedes ML 350 or New Jeep Grand limited.

Please suggest which one would be worth the investment in terms of fuel / ride and resale value.

Also should I consider the 2016 infiniti QX 60.

10. Sahal K says:

Hey Sudeep,

I am looking for an SUV with my maximum budget around AED 240,000.
    Which ones do you recommend?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hey there, it’s a little tough to operate on that one liner :-) but the price surely helps. First, define your ‘space’ both inside the cabin and outside, how far out there you would really take your new SUV. Anyway, some test drives you shouldn’t miss are: new Volvo XC90 (full option is 300K but try the mid level), GL400, Audi Q5 and Volkswagen Touareg (you can go top-specs on both) as well as a sporty Infiniti QX70 or Ford Explorer. Going the whole hog, you can go full option Jeep Grand Cherokee or the 2016 Land Cruiser is all-new too. Read the review http://drivemeonline.com/toyota-land-cruiser-2016-first-impression/ Happy hunting Sahal!

• Sahal K says:

Thanks a lot for that.
        I am looking at something that provides more luxury options than Sport.
        About size, a 5 seater would just be fine.

What do you think of the Porsche Cayenne?

11. karim says:

I am looking to buy a car within the range of 65000 to 85000 but to be very reliable for daily long trips around 250 km but comfortable and doesnt make sounds..thanks in advance

• Sudeep Koshy says:

2.0L Toyota Corolla top spec and the new Honda Civic, both for around 75K; Volkswagen Passat or Camry for around 85K; the VW advantage would be that your service will happen only once in 2 months, whereas others might require you to do that every 5 weeks. In case you fancy a crossover, the entry level RAV-4 and X-Trail will still make sense as they give around 9 or 10km for every litre, which matters for long distance driving. All the best Karim.

12. Joe says:

What are your views of the Audi a3 ambition 1.4tfsi or is the Golf a better car?

Is there any unbeatable offers around 90k or less?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Audi A3 as you would know was World Car of The Year at launch. The Golf ticks almost every box a small family or individual driver would care for. 90K will get you a well-specced A3 during Ramadan with 5 year packages. Personally, I prefer a full-specced Golf 2.5L for over 10K less.

13. Danish says:

Hi Sundeep,
    Is this right at moment to buy Fortuner old shape? Most likely resale will be down with introduction of new shape.

Thx n regards
    Ali

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Ali, The new Fortuner is an even more capable car; so may be you would want to go for that once you test drive it. But yes, if they have stocks, the old shape should logically offer a good deal. The resale won’t be down yet, as the new model has just been introduced. Plus, I don’t expect the Fortuner to suffer much in that department. (By the way, it’s Sudeep) :-)

14. abbas says:

Helloo Sudeep,

I am driving a Nissan Altima 2009 model and want to upgrade my car. I do not take car on interest so is the 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5L for 111K on 0% interest for 4 years a good offer?

Or should I wait for ramadan offers?
    Will it give more 0% interest offers of Nissan Xtrail or Patfinders?

Is there any other crossover or SUV currently on 0% interest which I am missing?

Awaiting your reply.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Abbas, 0% interest deals are always good to save around 10 to 12000 dirhams on a 4 year deal. Please check with the dealer what the original price of the said model was so as to determine how much you are actually saving. See if you are getting Extended Warranty as well. Ramadan offers will be at least as good even if they aren’t better. Yes, we may expect more 0% offers but no clue who will offer what! :-)

• mohsin khan says:

Dear Abbas,

Please also let me know if you find any such deals with other dealers.
      I understand that you dont want to go for interest due to religious reasons and I have the same approach.
      I would appreciate if you let me know about it if you find any such information which can help me refrain from interest based deals.
      My email is mohsinrkhan86@yahoo.com.

Thanks

15. Jimson says:

Hi Sudeep,

I am planning to buy a small suv. What you think about all new kia sportage 1.6L ? Please advice me regarding this

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Jimson, sorry for the delay. I had not driven the Sportage and had to arrange a quick test before answering you. The new Sportage is rather stylish and though the cabin feels compact, it is just right for people under 6 ft. The 2.0L and 2.4 L engines are rather nippy but the 1.6L might not provide the same smooth satisfaction. Do take a test drive of the 2.0L and 1.6L and let me know too. :-)

16. karim says:

Hi Sudeep,

Can you please recommend for AED 750.00 monthly for 5 years without downpayment for economical and less maintenance car?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Karim, Sorry for missing out on the response so far. Let me take it that you will be making arrangements for the 20% upfront payment separately. So, 750 a month will allow you to look at a car around 50K. Test the Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio and Mazda 2 to start with. Look for 5 year service and warranty offers during Ramadan along with good price deals on 2016 and 2015 models. Let me know your progress.

17. Aofs says:

Hi Sudeep,

I am looking for advice on buying a new SUV with 4WD. I want a reliable offroad 4×4.The two options I had in mind were JEEP GC or Ford Explorer. Being a 7 seater the FE seems quite big . My budget will be between 1500 to 2000 monthly repayments. Someone also suggested Toyota Fortuner. Whats your advice on buying any of the above cars either new or pre-owned? I definately want it under warranty with a service package so obviously 2015 or 2014 models are also an option.
    Do buy new or not? What would you advise? Any information on car specs would also help.
    Was just introduced to this website and it’s really informative…Thank you ☺

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi, if your off-road usage is moderate and you want comfort too, they are good options. While, both have a multi-terrain option switch, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has a slight advantage of ground clearance. For both, the full option might be beyond this budget. You could get a 2014 or 15 model but then this is a great time to secure good deals on new purchases, along with the peace of mind of warranty. Yes, the new Fortuner is quite capable and will fall right within your budget. If the off-road usage is heavy, check out the FJ or the Xterra as well.

18. mohsin khan says:

Hi Sudeep,

I read all your response and appreciate your effort on educating us well in this field while also helping people select their right car.
    I want to know which brand/dealers offer 0% interest on cars anytime.
    My budget is maximum 100K and I dont want to go for interest due to my personal beliefs (irrespective of price gain or loss).
    I saw Mitsubishi pajero the only one yesterday after doing some research in showrooms.
    Can you let me know which other brand or cars can come with such offers now or in ramadan?
    I understand finally dealers will decide on such scheme but you being the expert can give me possible chances in this ramadan through your experience of seeing previous ramadan offers.

My preference cars were Hyundai Tucson/Santafe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Toyota Rav4, Kia sportage/optima, Nissan X-Trail.. but i would manage to adjust with 0% interest for others as that’s my prime concern.

Thanks a lot.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Mohsin Khan, I understand your concern. Dealers of Hyundai, VW, Audi Peugeot and some others have offered 0% schemes in the past. This Ramadan too, there would be some offers. But as it is an arrangement with the Bank and the Dealer, some of the other benefits might not be available. You have chosen some good models. Please type Santa Fe / RAV 4 / X-Trail / in the Search slot on top right hand side to read those DriveME reviews. Check back for the Ramadan offers Mohsin. All the best.

19. Sam says:

Hi Sudeep, am new to Dubai – test drove x3, q5, qx70, Touareg, GLC – 2016 models. budget around 210k. X3 is out (expensive) – q5 cramped back legroom. Touareg SEL decent ride but felt just too heavy and not fun to drive. GLC250 is ok but felt outside noise was more than what merc quality should have (again not much fun) – left with QX70 n it’s nice. Great power, neat interior.fun ride!

You think it’s good time to get qx70?..price being offered with option 180k at Infiniti seems expensive for such old model car? But compared to competition feels worth it (maybe). Do you think With Ramadan coming likely will have better deal?.. Also the car has been out for sometime now including the same FX it previously was so wondering if it’s better to buy a different make/model.

Just want to get your thought. In addition I saw exactly similar spec new qx70 with dealers for only 150k price range ( with only 100km run). Why the big difference between Infiniti and the auto dealers? – safe to get one from a auto dealer?

Any suggestion/thoughts provided is much appreciated. Cheers!

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Sam, thanks for your one line reviews. Noted :-) You don’t seem the cold-feet kind, so why spare the Volvo XC60 test? Go ahead and let me know too. The QX 70 looks great and is a smart sporty SUV. And given that the just launched QX50 and 60 are not a far cry from current design, that part needn’t be a worry. And getting a special trim always keeps it desirable.

When you say auto dealers, I believe you are talking about used car dealers as against authorised dealers (of new cars). Double check the new car price against WHAT PACKAGE COMES WITH IT. Warranty, service, Insurance etc. And in any case, a pre-owned car could drop from 180k to almost 160k even if it is done only 100km. So no surprise there! Check if the ‘just-used’ car comes with warranty/service package backed up by the authorised dealer. That should distance any concerns. All the best.

20. ed says:

HI. I just got my Driving License 6 months ago and confused on weather I will go for a used car vs a new one. My wife and I havea 2 year old kid but I am looking for a budget wise car which can provide comfort and safety as well. My two options were Toyota Avanza vs Hyundai Creta because they fall around 50kaed. My wifeand I are both 5’10 and I guess it is something to consider. Honestly I have no idea about cars, my first time to buy if ever. I appreciate your help and the web site. God Bless

21. S says:

Hi, this was a very useful article. I will be soon moving to Dubai and was given a transportation allowance of 2250 by the company … however, i don’t mind adding adding 750 out of pocket to take my budget to 3000. what is the best 7 seater SUV that I can buy in that range? It will be mostly for city driving, and frequent trips from Dubai to Abu Dhabi …. I like the Tahoe deal going on for 1,699 per month, does that require a down payment ? can you provide any details on that Tahoe offer? How much would insurance be for Tahoe per year?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hey S, In that budget, you can consider very comfortable and Popular 7-seaters like the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Ford Explorer and the new Infiniti QX60. Unless otherwise specified, most deals these days assume a down payment. The insurance ballpark for Tahoe should be around 4000 in the first year. With service and warranty covering 7 years, even I am impressed with the deal. For accurate details, check with the dealer/agent. All the best!

22. Ahamed says:

Economic in fuel consumption (upto 2ltr engine only – daily 200kms travel!!),
    Reliable brand,
    SUV or above,
    Fairly good looking,
    0% interest deal,
    Which car would u suggest?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Among SUVs, Toyota RAV 4, Nissan Xtrail are good for your kind of use; they are rather fuel-efficient while the new Hyundai Tucson could be counted in, too. You may want to check out the VW Tiguan and new Honda CR-V. The good thing about service intervals of 15K is that you will need routine service once in 3 months while the others, every two months. On that note, why don’t you try the Volkswagen Passat for service interval & comfort, and the Toyota Prius for fuel economy too? As for 0% deals, keep checking back.

23. Chris Besse says:

Dear Sudeep,

Thanks for the offer summary. Really helpful. Could you recommend some sedans / hatchbacks based on the following details?

1. I’m male, single, in my early 30s, just got my UAE license a month ago, currently renting a Yaris. Might start a family in 2 years.
    2. My budget is 70-100k. My main usage is 20mins per way per day driving to work. No SUVs because… I’m single. My driving skill is limited, though I try to be careful all the time.
    3. I value: 1) Safety, 2) Comfort, 3) Ease to drive (easy to park) and maintain (good mechanics), 4) Resale value (might change to SUV later for family). Last things I need: 1) Good look, 2) Brutal acceleration. Ok, I’m indeed a boring person…
    4. I tried Volvo V40. It really fits. However, it is above my budget and relatively small. If I need a family car later, selling it seems problematic as it is not that popular.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hey Chris, Let me start by congratulating you on delivering a perfect brief. With your kind of drive, you’ll need to service the car, only once in 10 months! Many of the cars I have suggested below come with blind spot alerts and parking guidance cameras. So your driving/parking worries will be sorted.
      You may want to drive the Mazda 3 hatch, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus, new Hyundai Elantra and the ‘classic’ VW Golf. You could even keep them even after you forego your single status. They are good looking, too, if you don’t mind! By the way, SUVs are not only for family safety, but for those with the great outdoors in mind! :-)

24. Muhammed says:

My main purpose would be commuting from sharjah to dubai daily and going long distance to other emirates during weekends. I am planning to shell out a maximum of 1200 per month for 5 years without downpayment. Or a used car for 3 years installment.

Since I am driving altima and got a hang of the power it gives, I want to drive a cross over that has similar power and comes under my budget. The only issue of altima being tough to park.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Muhammed, So we are looking at a price range of 65K ±. Add a little more and try testing the VW Passat or the 2.5L Jetta during Ramadan offers. Also test the new Elantra and the Kia Sportage 2.0L, the Nissan Juke and the Renault Captur. Yes, going for a used car will allow you to upgrade to a higher spec version. If you buy one with a camera or parking sensors, parking woes will be sorted too! All the best.

25. Rasheed says:

Hi Sudeep. I am looking for an SUV that would provide good ride comfort, luxury options and decent sporting features as well. Which one would you recommend? I am currently looking at BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Rasheed, please read my reply above to Sandeep. Feel free to discuss further. All the best mate.

26. Sandeep says:

Hello Sudeep
    I would like to buy an SUV that would provide good ride comfort, luxurious option and fair bit of Sporting features as well. My budget would be around 300K. I would like the SUV to look good from outside as well.

As of now, I’ve been thinking of going for the BMW X5 or the Porsche Cayenne.

Any suggestions of which one to go for?

27. raj says:

hi sudeep
    im planning to buy my first car in uae just want to know should i go for new car or certified cars having budget of 45 to 50k

the following criteria are reliability safety comfort easy on maintenance and resale
    and want yours on renault captur mazda2 and ramadan discounts

Thnaks

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Raj, If you are comfortable with your driving, no reason why you shouldn’t go for a new one, given that there are so many good deals and options that will fit your budget. Test drive the new Mazda 2, Kia Rio and the evergreen Toyota Yaris as well as the Renault Captur and the MG . That will help you answer some big questions like you actually want a hatchback or a compact SUV, you prefer style or comfort etc. As for Ramadan offers, check this page then.

• raj says:

Hi Sudeep Thanks so much for the reply im planning to buy hatchback or sedan the options i have kept KIA RIO or CERATO, MAZDA2, LANCER. Jus wan your reviews on kia after sales n services.

28. lifas says:

Nice info .Can you explain the mentioned toyota offer

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Lifas, This is like a lease deal, where you pay low monthly instalments for two years and then you have the option of either continuing to pay the balance or just return the car to the dealership. There will obviously be a restriction on mileage per year, so for additional kilometers you will have to pay extra. This is much better than a car hire if your daily use is around 50 km. For more info, check with Al Futtaim Motors.

• noor says:

hy sandeep. i m waitnig for ramadan offer from al futtaim…i m planing to buy corrola2015 model with 0% interest and with low installament plan….could u please tell me about offers which i can expect….which will best for me….less then 50km average daily..it is suitable for me autally

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Noor and everyone else who has decided on ONE particular brand and ONE particular model, have a chat with the showroom personnel and they might do whatever they can best to accommodate your request. Regardless of what the promotion is, slight adjustments may be made in individual cases, if is not against government and corporate guidelines. BY THE WAY, the name is SUDEEP :-)

29. Cynthia says:

Hi Sudeep, good day~ I am planning to buy a Jeep Wrangler next month, do you know if the dealers have any special offer during the Ramadan? Thank you ~

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Most of the dealers I checked with have confirmed on having Ramadan deals but due to competitive market, they will announce it only close to the season. Check back for updates, Cynthia and all the best!

30. zohaib says:

Hi sudeep.
    i am new in dubai and in process of getting the license and will go for my first car.
    i dont have a big budget so i will just go for pre-owned sadan i looking for 700-800 per month installments. personally i really liked mini SUVs but they are out of budget for me.
    i looked into some care and i like mazda 3 sadan and honda civic. i am kinda confuse now. most of people sugesting me just go for japanese car cause of reliability, maintenance cost and resale value.

i dont have much car knowledge, i would really appreciate you suggest me something. and brands to look into. and what do you think about mazada 3 and what other cars i look in same category.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Zohaib, you have chosen well. New Honda Civic and Mazda 3 are the top models of the segment. As it happens, the reviews of both these cars are not currently available on Drivemeonline.com. Your budget (5 year plan) will allow you to look at cars that are around 60K if you are willing to pay the 20% downpayment. So, you may also try the Ford Focus and the Kia Cerato for taste. Ramadan deals might help. You don’t need to discard your SUV plans because Renault Duster and the Suzuki Jimny (if you wanna go hard core!) will fall right within budget. Happy hunting!

31. San says:

Hello Sudeep, lovely content and information you provide to all of us so I wanted to join in and get some help.

I am looking for a car to buy and I am thinking about a convertible. Most likely will be used unless there are some special offers available. My budget isn’t fully set but between 50-75K. You are welcome to share car options if greater than 75K as I haven’t fully laid out my pay plan. I prefer German cars but I don’t know the reliability of slightly older models.

If you can provide me with some good convertible options that would be amazing. Otherwise feel free to provide me with non convertible options that you think are a good deal. Im in my early 20s, single man, recently got a job and that’s my story.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi San, indeed this is the time to feel the wind in your hair and not let the worries get into your hair. :-) Mazda MX-5 is a popular option and Renault has options too. Owners of these have told me maintenance isn’t that painful. You can also look at a 2010/11 model Mercedes SLK or Porsche Boxster. There is always a luck factor involved in pre-owned cars, but you can reduce risk by buying from a friend’s friend or paying a little extra at the certified car dealers. As you seem to enjoy driving, why not try cars like a three year old Volkswagen GTI, a brand new Mazda 3 or a Renault Clio Sport? Have fun testing San!

32. Umm Khalifa says:

Hi Sudeep.. i am looking for a small budget on car with space for 2 kids and stuffs we shop.usually a family oriented and safe car + less on installments + durable.
    please suggest.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi, adding to this the info you provided regarding your preference for a Japanese family car with ample leg/boot space and low on maintenance, I would suggest you look for a Yaris sedan, Nissan Sentra, Honda City – 3 or 4 years old cars can be bought at good prices or you might even find good Ramadan deals on these. You might also like a Peugeot 301 if you are used to European styling and comfort. All these cars answer to your safety and space requirement – including a large boot.

33. an says:

Hi Sudeep:

Its great to read your replies to all the queries posted in this site. Very informative. I am planning on buying a 5 seater or 7 seater crossover We are a family of 3. Last year when my parents and brother visited us (my dad, brother and myself are all more than 6 feet tall) I realised how uncomfortable my yaris is for 5 well build adults plus my daughter and thus my decision to go for SUV / crossover.

5 seater SUVs like x-tral and CRV are great for 4 adults, with the 5th seat best for children. I personally liked the CX9 as an overall vehicle (it has got a premium feel) and with the current reduced prices for the outgoing model. Please suggest your views between 5-seater and 7-seater SUV/crossovers and also between the choices I have zeroed down – CX9, Pajero and Fortuner.

Thanks,
    Anand

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Good thinking Anand; you have shortlisted well. You might still want to keep a few things in mind. A large 5-seater might give you more rear legroom and boot space than a 7-seater. It might also be a more engaging daily drive and particularly X-Trail gives you rather good fuel economy too.

Also, make up your mind on how much of off-road abilities vs city skills you might need because Mazda CX-9 is an urban crossover favouring style and long drive city comfort. However, this could be the best time to buy a CX-9 – at the offer price, you won’t miss the new SkyActiv model :-) Pajero is the capable one among the three and matches the CX-9 offer pricing. Toyota, too, has good offers on the outgoing Fortuner but the new one is more stylish, comfortable and capable. Anand, test them and let me know what you think too.

• an says:

Hi Sudeep:

Thanks for your reply. :) After driving the bigger crossovers / SUVs, I have actually started liking the terrific drive view, drive position and command over the road that these big vehicles provide compared to a sedan (no offence intended to the great sedans out there though :). I have a budget of 100k (with a little bit of plus / minus here and there) and accordingly I started looking out.
        Though X-trail has a good overall package, I somehow didn’t like its CVT engine (its a little noisy and not that pleasure to drive). In my test drives, I found honda CRV, CX9, Murano and sorento to be better than X-trail at an overall level. Plus the headroom in X-trail is not much if you purchase a moonroof /sunroof trim.

I love the new Fortuner design and style plus also liked it while I test drove it. Just that its out of my budget. Still will wait to check out Toyota’s Ramadan offers (but don’t expect much looking at the history of toyota offers). That leaves me with the following options – Rav4, CX9, Pajero – All mid trim models of these vehicles are falling around 100k right now.

My heart goes to CX9. It has got a better premium feel and overall drive pleasure as compared to the other two plus right now it looks like the best value for money within 100k.

Please let me know your views on the Cost of Maintenance and other reliability factors on these 3 vehicles. I know CX9 might fetch me the least resale value after 5 years among these 3 vehicles but will it be a deal breaker ?

As always, looking forward to your insightful answers.

Thanks,
        Anand

34. Jade says:

Hi Sudeep, can you please explain the offer of toyota. because im still confused why is it too low, is there a no DP option? or what, i will appreciate ur reply

Hi Jade,
      It could look a little baffling initially, so no worries! Yes, there is a 20% down payment involved and you also benefit from over 5% discount from Toyota’s side. 45% of the total is aimed to be paid in the first 2 years. As 20% already goes as down payment, the remaining amounts to a small EMI. If you wish to keep the car after 2 years, simply pay up the balance 55% in 3 years. In case you wish to return the car after the 24-month plan, you can choose to give it back and walk away. Wait a minute: Your car shouldn’t have done more than 20,000 km in 2 years – extra kilometres are chargeable, like daily taxi contracts. Makes sense – the dealer needs to re-sell it!
      So, if you wish to keep the car only for 2 years and you go around less than 200 km a week, only then this is a great deal to go for!

35. Kapil says:

Hi Sudeep,

It would be great if I get your valuable inputs. I would like to buy a compact SUV. My budget is arround 70k.

1. What would be your opinion on buying a pre-owed certified cars

2. What is your opinion on ford-ecospot, hyndai tucson and Mistibishi ASX.

3. I prefer the one which have very good saftey features even for rear passenger.

Thanks in advance,
    Kapil

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Kapil, the 3 compact SUVs are all impressive, especially in the safety parameters. What was your take on the test drive? The new Tucson looks fab and could be the most satisfying drive with its 7-speed double clutch gearbox. The ASX also has a sleek styling and a 2.0L engine but you might or might not like the CVT transmission. The Ecosport has the smallest engine but is high on safety and fuel economy. Badge value and comfort features could give the new Hyundai Tucson the slight edge. Pre-owned certified does make sense because they usually come with warranty and remaining service package. Why not try the Ford Escape and VW Tiguan in that? If it is Hyundai Tucson, better go for the new version.

36. Birjees says:

Hi Sudeep. I was looking into the 2016 Toyota prado gxr 2.7L. I’ve been waiting for Toyota’s Ramadan offers. Can we expect any more than the ones you’ve mentioned? Also what’s your review for the car since that make and model is the max my budget allows.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Birjees, as of now, the showroom personnel are also not aware of any upcoming deals. The 2.7L might come across as a li’l tardy for the Prado. If you are keen of the Prado GX-R, take a look at the brand new Fortuner higher trims as well. Test drive them both before choosing. Check back for the deals.

37. S says:

Hi Sudeep, whats your opinion on the LEXUS GX 460 Premier? apparently Lexus is putting 20% down payment so they are claiming the final cost on base model will only be 168K from the original 210K, and this offer is only valid through bank loan.

38. Mohamed Kabir says:

Hi Sudeep ,

Good Day

Please suggest your review on Mitsubishi Lancer EX -2015

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Kabir, the last time I drove a Lancer was more than 12 years ago; hence I will let that question pass. The car has undoubtedly added style and sparkle to it since and I will make it a point to review the new Lancer and the Pajero at my earliest. All the best.

39. Bhavin says:

Hi Suddep,

I am new to dubai. I am planning family car with around 50k-60k bydget with full option.
    can u guide me?
    And pls give your view on cherry tiago and MG cars.
    Thanks.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Bhavin, 60 K or near about could get you some good cars and also some generously configured options like the Nissan Sentra, the Yaris sedan or Hyundai Elantra. Now, if full options mean sunroof, alloy wheels and gadgetry, the more economical yet established Chinese brands might work for you, as you wisely have found out. Here is one of the better Chinese cars which is a spacious family car – Geely Emgrand GT review from DriveME http://drivemeonline.com/geely-emgrand-gt-gatecrashers-ticket/ – and this MG 6 review might give you a feel of the MG cars; they have become more involved and active recently. http://drivemeonline.com/mg-6-turbo-review-fastback-and-furious/

• Bhavin says:

i saw your review on geely emgrand gt and mg6.you have sumed it up very nicely. i like it both but my question is are they reliable on long term and about their resale value. I have heard some negetive reviews about chery tiago and thier cars.Specially i think Geely is good deal. pls give your thought about cherry tiago,mg5,geely emgrand 7,geely emgrand x7. i might use a suv also.

Thanks and Regards,
        Bhavin

40. Erkut Curaoglu says:

Hi Sudeep,
    Thank you for your suggestions, they are really helpful.
    So now, i want to buy a SUV. I`m trying to avoid to give down payment.
    I need to rent a car, so instead of rent car i decided to buy one.
    1- Jeep Wrangler ( i`m fan of this SUV)(3 doors its ok for me)
    2-Pajero ( actually i want to wait until Ramadan maybe there will be a option without Down payment)
    3-Fj cruiser
    So any sugesstion, i`m planning to use this car for 5 years and than i want to sell without any difficulties please suggest with keeping this goals also.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Erkut, if you are a regular adventurer, especially in the desert, my suggestion would be FJ, Wrangler and Pajero in that order. However for a Jeep fan, the order doesn’t apply! :-) Jeep could give you 5 years comprehensive package like last year; Pajero is already at a good price, but Pajero or Jeep both could help you tackle your worry of down payment. Check with them. As for easy resale, just take care of your car and maintain a service history. :-) Especially with the Wrangler and FJ, it will be of great help so as to reassure buyers that these capable SUVs have been well maintained.

41. Mohini says:

Hi we are looking budget car under 50k.please advise us

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Mohini, there are some pointers that could help in choosing your car. Whether you want to buy i) a sedan or a hatchback ii) what is priority for you? comfort and the fun of driving or resale value and reliability… iii) what’s your extent of usage? iv) Do looks matter? and so on…

42. Nauman says:

Hi Sudeep,
    I am interested in infinity QX-50 and my budget is around 160K including down payment.
    1) What are the pron and consin buying QX-50?
    2) what other best offers I can have ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Nauman,
      The 2016 QX50 is a compact crossover that comes with all that is good about Infiniti, including some sporty characteristics of the drive. The 2016 version is priced at around 155k while the 2015 model saves you around 11,000 dirhams. The difference is virtually non-existent. Check this ‘Review on Demand’ for starters and go for a test drive to ensure if it’s the perfect match. http://drivemeonline.com/review-on-demand-2016-infiniti-qx50/

43. Shahzad says:

hi Sudeep, I came to know Ramadan promotion of 0% interest for Volks Wagon preowned, but I am confused if I will go for VW preowned, maintenance will be expensive and hectic, please advise if maintenance for volks wagon is not expensive and car is reliable/fuel efficient and my daily drive is near to 200 kms…please advise,
    regards,shahzad

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Shahzad, Considering that you drive 200km, the advantage with Volkswagen will be the 15000 km service interval. That is, yearly, when you will need 7 or 8 services for a vehicle with a 10k service interval, VW will need only 5. A car like Passat would give excellent comfort for your long drive while keeping fuel consumption reasonable. If you go for the new one, you get a 5 year no interest scheme while the 5-year warranty will save the worry, but you will exhaust the 45K service plan in hardly a year! A VW could be more expensive to maintain if your luck goes the wrong way when compared with a Toyota, which are chosen as Taxis for a reason!

44. Javed says:

Hi Sudeep,

I have a budget of around 120k. Looking for a luxury saloon car, which would be a bit low on maintenance and loaded with all the latest tech features. Can you suggest few options with the Ramadan 2016 offers going on ?

Thanks a lot

J

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Javed, assuming you might throw in a few thousands more if you fall in love with a car, please test drive the new Audi A4 2.0L and the Infiniti Q50 (tech-rich). Two other cars that are a good bargain during Ramadan are the Cadillac ATS and the Lexus IS. You may also like the Ford Fusion or VW Passat (good payment plan).

• Javed says:

Thanks Sudeep. 1 more query. I love the IS 350 and Audi A4. Looking for reliability, lesser cost on maintenance and drive feel. What would you suggest out of the 2 cars ?

Thanks.
        J

45. Munish says:

Dear Sudeep
    We have almost finalize to buy Nissan Altima, but recently I have seen few pics of revised model of Nissan altima 2016 (revised). Do you have any information when the new model going to be launched in UAE.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Munish, the revised Altima with the grille and lamps like the new Maxima was launched a couple of weeks ago but will be available in showrooms only in a couple of months. The difference is mainly in the gadgetry and the style upgrade.

46. Jijeesh says:

hai suddep ,gud evng i am looking for an SUV with an EMI of maximum AED 1750/- (60 months),with zero down payment ,can u please sugest the best option to go for.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Check out the Toyota Fortuner, Santa Fe, Pathfinder, Honda CRV, Tucson and new Volkswagen Tiguan for an idea of what you are looking for. If you are into more SUV action, try the Nissan Exterra as well.

47. Fares says:

Hello,
    Between mazda 3, vw passat, kia optima and sportage. Which one to choose?
    Thnks

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Dear Fares, that’s like asking which fruit to choose from a mixed bowl – this depends on your taste, need, and in this case – personality :-) Passat is one of the most practical and comfortable cars in the market, while Sportage is a stylish, compact and youngish choice. Kia optima serves the purpose of a Passat for flashy tastes, if you ask me – and Mazda 3 was on the world car of the year shortlist when launched. SO what would you prefer?

48. Richard says:

With dealers announcing their Ramadan offers do you expect Toyota Al Futtaim to offer similar upgrades on models as they have done the past couple of years or are their current financing offers likely to be their only offers during Ramadan?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Richard, Just as you wanted, Al Futtaim has brought back the “Upgrade” festival this time. E.g. A Corolla at the price of a Yaris, or the next trim level of a model. Happy buying.

49. mohamed says:

hi sudeep , am planing to buy an suv car this rmadan ,am kinda cofused betwen 3 cars ;jeep renegade ,kiA SPORTAGE AND HYUNDAI TUSCON , IF U HAVE ANY IDEA about ramadan offers and wich one should i go for ,thx

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Mohamed, the nature of these compact SUVs are quite different. Taking a test drive will help you choose one, almost instantly. Jeep’s Ramadan offers make this a good time to choose Renegade, if you like it.

50. Bhavin says:

hello sudeep,
    Your review for me was very helpful. But this geely is dependable for 4-5 years and what about their resale value. And what about used cars in UAE. Because in India they are rubbish always. Can we trust here used cars if i am getting good deals and they can last for 4years. And one more thing is i have heard that in RAK they are giving Dodge Charger in 50k. Probabaly they are imported, so can i trust to buy this imported cars and is it ok to drive this car in UAE and what about their registration.
    Sorry for giving you this much trouble but your guidance will be very helpful for me as i am new in Dubai.
    Thanks in Advance.

51. Andrew J says:

Hi Sudeep,

I am planning to buy a new car this Ramadan. I have only moved to UAE a month ago, and I only have a small amount saved for a car (5000). However I am looking to spend about 2000 AED a month for a car, to have it paid off in about 3 years. I am looking at the Kia sportage and the Jeep Renegade. However how flexible are car dealerships with little or no down payments?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Andrew, especially during this Ramadan season in mid-year, you will find most dealers at their flexible best. 20% down payment is legally mandatory. However, at least some of them do offer ways within legal parameters, in which the whole weight of the down payment doesn’t fall on you. Managing through flexible financing or by contributing the value of special deals as down payment from the dealer’s side are a couple of ways of tackling this.

52. mina says:

hi Sandeep,

I am buying my first car and a lady who is fond of hatchbacks like tiida. Can you suggest the best options since my knowledge of cars is none :).

P.S my budget is around AED40,000, trying to get take advantage of the ramadan offers.

thanks cheers :).

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Mina, With Ramadan offers, you could buy the Mazda 2, Suzuki Swift or Kia Rio.
      Also try the new, Hyundai i20 and Nissan Micra. Happy driving :-)

53. Abhilash says:

Hi Sudeep,
    I am planning to buy the 2016 model Renault Symbol Mid option car, this car is for a 4 membered family use and I am mostly concerned about the safety, can you please advice on the renault symbols performance, mileage reliability and safety also advice shall i go with renault or any other car in the same budget.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Abhilash, Renault Symbol starts at a 39K and goes to 43K. The 4k difference gives you camera, navigation, alloy wheels and automatic side mirrors which is a good bundle. The boot space is around 570 L which is why the Logan (related) is a popular taxi in India. Safety-wise, related Clio has 5-star NCap. Do check with the dealer on safety specs like airbags, adequate warnings etc. and check visibility from the car on your test drive. As for comparison, drive the Sunny and also the Yaris sedan and Mazda 2, which should be accessible during Ramadan offers.

54. Darshan says:

Hi Sudeep,

I have almost shortlisted 3 models (Honda civic, Nissan Altima & KIA optima). All the models falls under same price category. I am really confused for the final selection. Sometimes, I will be struck with a thought about Toyota corolla (2015 Model, 2.0 L). Kindly help me in this regards.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Cheers Brother

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Darshan, That’s a good shortlist and you are right, takes Corolla to complete the picture. Current Corolla is part of Al Futtaim’s Ramadan offer. You will find Nissan Altima and Toyota Corolla reviews on DriveMEonline.com. New Civic has left my garage but is still at my desk: It is an eye-stopper and has some advanced options if you spend a few dirhams more. Nissan Altima could feel a bit staid now that the new model is almost here but the way to find out your match is to TAKE A TEST DRIVE.To add to your confusion, drive the MAzda 6 too while you are at it. Consider the season’s offers too, narrow down to just two, and let’s discuss again Darshan.

• Darshan says:

Hi Sudeep, Thank you for the reply. I missed out a important model here (Mazda 6). Last evening, I had got a chance to see Mazda 6. Seriously, Its a worthy addition to the list. Now, I narrowed my selection to Nissan Altima & Mazda 6. Considering the offer, Mazda 6 is having positive edge. Mazda 6, there is some contradictory technical issue persists. The latest Mazda 6 is 2.0 L or 2.5 L engine?? if it’s 2.5 L, then I will go for it. Thank you for your amazing thoughts Sudeep :)

Cheers Brother

55. awad says:

is there any SUV offer with 0% interest rate during this Ramadan??

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Please scroll through the listed offers Awad. In case you get to know of anything outside this, please keep us all posted. All the best.

56. Tarek says:

Hey hi
    What would be the price of fj cruser after ramadan promotion
    What is the down payment? And monthly payments ?

57. Vicky says:

Hi Sudeep,

Really impressed to see your suggestions to all; this is very helpful. I am also planning to buy my first car in UAE and confused between Mitsubishi Lancer EX & Toyota Yaris Sedan or Corolla (Basic option).

I have AED 15,000 in hand for down payment & can go up 1500/month as an installment.

Need your advise as Lancer EX seems cheap basic model price (AED 39,500/-) having all basic required options but doesn’t have resale value (it that true?); and am not sure about the driving pleasure/comfort. I am driving Corolla in my home country since many years so thought to change my mind for Mitsubishi (anyways its Japanese brand so expecting the better quality); and to be honest price difference is another catch. Lancer is 40k and Yaris is 55/ Corolla 60+.

Need your expert advise on this. Will appreciate your help! Thanking you in advance.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Vicky, first of all, I don’t quite get why aren’t thinking the next segment given your budget – as per your 15K advance and approx. 1500 per month, you can easily look at cars costing close to 80K with a four year loan plan and 100K with a 5 year plan. No point being extravagant so let’s look at the first kind. Why not test the Toyota Corolla and Nissan Sentra full option or mid option – no worry about resale value – and give the Mazda 3 a shot? At this price, you can even look at the VW Golf and the Passat entry level – with current Ramadan offers, makes sense! Let me know how it goes.

58. Aravind says:

Hi Sudeep,

It was great to see all your replies. I got my driving license just before three month. I am planning to buy a car in this ramadan offers. I will use car daily on a average of 75 KM. I am looking for sedan or SUV. My budget is EMI 1000 AED & 20% DP. I am looking for a car with cruise control & Look of the car really matters. Please suggest me some cars.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Aravind, going by what you described I have picked 5 each for you to view and test. Depending on a shortlist of 3 that you choose, we could work on further options in a more focused way. All the best.

Sedan/hatches: Sentra, Elantra, Renault Megan, Ford Fiesta, Mazda 3, Peugeot 208 GT Line
      SUVs: SsangYong Tivoli, Peugeot 2008, Nissan Juke, 2.0L Kia Sportage, Hyundai Creta

59. nithin shenoy says:

Hi sudeep,
    I am waiting for the launch of the new models of 3 cars
    Nissan Murano
    volkswagen tiguan
    mazda cx9
    any idea when these will be launched in uae. I have now been waiting for about 5 months.
    although ramadan would seem to be a good time to buy a car, i would still prefer waiting for these models as i have read and seen good reviews for these.
    please let me know how locg would i have to wait

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Nithin, Looks like, all three model launches are being planned close to the Q4. September – October. If you are lucky, the CX9 might hit the shores a little earlier.

60. Ray says:

Hi Sudeep

Am a new driver and i know nothing about the cars, i saw MG350 and i thought i can be able to afford it its now on offer at 35999, kindly let me know if this is a good deal and also suggest for me any other better model ranging at this price, Thank you very much.

Regards
    Ray

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Ray, MG 350 price looks very appealing. Check if the 6 year warranty and other offers are still valid. If you are looking for a small sedan in that range, you may also test drive the Kia Rio Sedan, Hyundai Accent, Peugeot 301, Suzuki Swift D’zire and the old favourite Nissan Sunny (1.5L). Don’t forget to compare their warranty period and interest offers for a final comparison. All the best; let me know how it goes.

61. Farhan says:

Hi

I am planning to buy SUV. Please suggest which is best for price and quality point of view.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Farhan, being more specific would help me pick a few for you from the sea of choices available in today’s market. Like a. what is your budget b how intense is the usage c. Do you care for driving pleasure or resale value more. etc.
      Stay in touch.

62. Sufyan says:

Hi Sundeep,

Need suggestion, I have filtered some of the cars, toyota yaris sedan SE+, nissan sunny SL, and nissan tiida 1.6 SV. My range is around 50-50k. I will do the 40% down payment and rest through islamic bank in 1 year max. My Average drive daily might be around 130 km. What would you suggest If i have choosen right cars? are they upto that mark to drive at this average daily? And is there any other option available? I am not sure about Lancer. I have driven all 3 cars but still for such long distance, i am still confused which one is comfortable too .

I know i have asked a long list, but hoping for a good reply :)..

Thanks

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Sufyan, The current Ramadan offers might ‘upgrade’ you to a Corolla instead of Yaris sedan at the same price as their offer goes. 130 km is not a long drive for either the Sunny or a Tiida :-). But do try the Nissan Sentra and even the new Emgrand GT ( for around 60K, it’s a comfortable well-endowed car – check if there is a value assurance after 2 or 3 years). All these cars, please find reviews on the site using the “SEARCH” button on top right. Let me know how it goes. Always a pleasure to be of help.

63. Meesum says:

Hi Sudeep,

What do you think off the 2016 Audi Q7? Is it worth the extra money? Plus do you have any idea of the mileage of Q7 and how does it compare to the Infiniti QX70?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Meesum, the 2016 Audi Q7 is much more refined than the outgoing model, and the handling is more confident and pleasurable. The top end offers plenty of tech and this time Audi has built an impressive 7-seater in its class. My test mileage was 8km/L on a mixed drive – rather cool for a car of its size – while the 0-100 came up in 7.2 sec. I agree it’s a little pricey, but the X5 is no less in that! As for QX70, it is a more sporty SUV with plenty of style to impress those leaning towards Infiniti. Cabin tech wise they both have different styles. So, define your need starting from 5-seater or 7-seater, service intervals, character of handling etc. and things will be clearer.

64. Jimson Thomas says:

Hi Sudeep,

I am planning to buy SUV. My budget is up to 85000. Can you please suggest me a good value car. And what is your review about Subaru XV and mazda CX5 2.0L?

Thanks

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Jimson, Please find my CX-5 review here. The AWD is my preference in that. http://drivemeonline.com/mazda-cx-5-review-right-considerations/
      The XV is mostly built for the city life but you have the advantage of the AWD. As for other options offering good value, do familiarise yourself with the Toyota RAV4, X-Nissan Trail, Hyundai Tucson and the Suzuki Grand Vitara also. It will give you an idea of what your type of car is.

65. Samina says:

Hi Sudeep, thank you for the valuable info…
    I am planning to buy an economical car with 20% down payment and the emi of 750 or so..
    The daily drive is just around 50km, my main concerns are for safety, as I will be driving with my 10 month old..
    I have Hyundai Tucson 2010 model, which has now started giving off a tit bit of maintanace..
    I had in mind the Toyota corolla, Honda city… Not sure how much the emi would go upto (I almost have no knowledge about the cars)
    Could you suggest what options should I look at.

Thanks

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Samina, Keeping in mind the EMI you have mentioned you may look at cars costing around AED 50,000 on a 5 year payment plan at interests around 2 – 2.5%. Toyota Yaris, Peugeot 208 (Euro 5-star) and Kia Rio. Make sure the ISOFIX baby seat clips on the back seat are convenient for you to operate. If you push your budget a little, you may also test and explore the Mazda 3, Chevrolet Cruze (5-star US rating) and the SsangYong Tivoli if you prefer a Compact Crossover. When you shop for them, make sure the safety options are available in the trim level you choose. Most of these cars are reviewed (except Cruze and Mazda 3) on my pages. Please search on Top Right Hand to get to the respective page. All the best!

66. Vinan Havanis says:

Dear Sudeep

I have a budget of 100k AED. I am single and value driving experience. As a recent licence holder , the question was always between new and used car which I seemed to have got through.

Need your opinion on the following four cars so that it might help me with my decision. The Volvo V40 , Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and the VW golf.

Please feel free to suggest outside the above four as well if you please. I am tending towards the V40 post my test drives with all the cars

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Dear Vinan, You have chosen well. Volvo V40 is smooth, stylish and spacious and its R design for 99K is great value! Being single, why not try the Honda Accord Coupe or Accord Sport B version instead of the regular? VW Golf is an excellent drive of course and you could try the Toyota Aurion instead of Camry in case Al Futtaim Motors has it in the Upgrade plan in ramadan. You may also test the Mazda 6 and VW Passat as well. If you haven’t come across them already, you will find all these cars reviewed on Drivemeonline.com Just search on the right hand Top corner.

All the best.

Sudeep

67. S says:

Hi Sudeep, what is your opinion on the Honda Pilot, I was looking for a large SUV with seating capacity for 7 and V6 engine ….. currently they have the base Pilot for AED 110,000 ….. do you think this is good value for money? How is the resale on this car, and what other 7 seater vehicle can i consider under AED 110,000 that will be better value than the Honda Pilot?

68. Raghunath says:

Dear Sudeep,

Planning to spare 2350/- per month EMI for 4 wheel drive option with 4 years duration.

I have models in mind, Pathfinder or Pajero or Prado or QX 60 or Lincoln MKT.

how much should be kept for down payment?.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Good to see your shortlist Raghunath – all notable SUVs in their own way. The amount earmarked will be enough to cover close to 100K of the total value if you calculate interest @ 3 or 3.25%. All these cars have different prices. The Pajero might not need this high an EMI as it will cost you less than 100K. The QX60 will cost you around 145K, which will require 29,000 as down payment. The legal DP requirement is 20%.

69. Seneeb says:

Dear Sudheep,
    I would like to purchase 2016 Toyota Fortuner GXR. I would like to hear your opinion on that car. And what are the offers I can get now for this car?

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Seneeb, The last season’s schedule prevented me from testing the new Fortuner even though i was present at the launch. I’ll be doing that at the earliest test dates available but the vehicle is all-new with comfortable interiors, better capabilities and the same popular reliability reports.

70. Vijeesh Vijayan says:

Hello sir,

I am planning to have a used car worth 25,000 max. Nissan sunny 2014 is in my mind. Could you please advise which are be the best used cars in this price range? Appreciate your kind advise in advance.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Vijeesh, The question should be slightly modified to mean “the best cars for you” :-) If you are looking for a basic car with a proven track record and reliable resale value, yes you may consider the Sunny, Toyota Corolla or the Yaris. In the current market conditions, you should be able to get a decent purchase with this budget. The 2014 Corolla could cost more.You may also test drive 2012-2013 Ford Focus/Fiesta for taste. Also look out for any purchase that will leave you with at least a year of service on top of the warranty.

71. Vishal says:

Dear Sudeep,
    I have really enjoyed reading your reviews…Thanks for sharing your knowledge…appreciate it. I am looking to upgrade to an SUV. I am currently driving the honda accord…fabulous car…must say…I am looking at 2 options here…1) Land Rover Discovery sport and 2) Audi Q5 My budget is around 200K. Out of these 2 which one would you recommend in terms of 1) Reliability 2) Service & Maintenance 3) off roading (not hardcore off roading though) and 4) Cost.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Vishal, Thank you for staying connected to DriveME. As we speak, the new Honda Accord has hit the market. But let’s stick to the Q5 and Discovery Sport today. :-) While the Q5 scores better in the drivability and sportiness, the off road capability buttons favour the Discovery Sport. However the Q5’s Quattro does help with the sticky situations. The character and feel of both the vehicles are slightly different. A test drive should sort your dilemma out. The warranty and service package evens out both the cars (5 years) while Discovery Sport enjoys a slight edge with cost. All the best. Let me know.

72. Arun says:

Hi sudeep, Iam planning for an upgrade from a normal saloon car to a 4 wheel drive due to acute knee pain, i travel not less than 5000 kms a month, i have a monthly budget of 1200, could manage 20% downpayment. Please suggest me an option considering the maintanance cost since I travel a lot and wants to limit the maintanenace cost as well. Thx friend

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hey Arun, as your case is specific, it is better to test drive and see how much pressure the accelerator requires, the shifting space and angle between the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal as well as the seating posture you are comfortable with. Further, the Ford Escape could give you a warranty + service deal; RAV 4 is known for low maintenance, and try the X-Trail, GMC Terrain or Chevrolet Captiva for their feel of driving. As you drive a lot, I am looking at long-term warranty or maintenance coverage as well.

73. Kiran says:

Hello Sudeep, You are doing a wonderful job and I am highly impressed with your reviews and request you to help me for a better choice. Right now I drive Nissan Sentra and wishes to upgrade to a SUV. I ma planning to go for a pre-owned car and my budget would be roughly around 75K, monthly 1350, with down-payment. I am a sales executive and drives more than 6000 kms a month and I am highly concerned with the maintenance and fuel efficiency. Considering these aspects I have shortlisted 3 cars, namely, Mazda CX-9, Mitsubishi Pajero and Nissan X-trail. Please advise me.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Kiran, let me start by saying I don’t think moving from a sedan to an SUV is as much an “upgrade” as a “cross over” :-) It is a different experience and preference altogether, you see! So, you drive around a lot and you’ve chosen well. Fuel efficiency of these cars are good, especially the X-Trail. At 75K, you’ll get a slightly closer model year of the Pajero, so perhaps you will get it with warranty. Driving comfort for a guy who drives 6000 km does matter, and the pre-owned Mazda could score more in that dept. My advice would be: This being the best time to grab a deal on new automotive, why not go for it. It won’t be much higher than your specified budget. You will end up having a long warranty though these brands don’t give out service deals usually. Peace! :-)

74. Bob says:

Hi Sudeep, ant update on dealership offers towards the end of the year as shown above?

I am currently looking at a Volvo XC90 t6 or a Audi Q7?
    Volvo currently offering 10 per cent discount it stingy service package, Audi no offers but 3 yr service and 5 year warranty.

Having driving both there is little between them imo…any insight resale values? Reliability?

Thanks bob

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Bob, an update of offers will happen in two days. Sorry, I should admit that we got carried away with more than 7000 hp across 12 cars to celebrate the 500 posts landmark! (Are you following them on the site?) :-)
      XC90 and Audi Q7. I can imagine your dilemma coz they are excellent choices and both all-new. Even in reliability, both are quite comparable just as in other parameters. The resale in our part of the world gives the new Q7 a slight edge. I suggest you check out the cabin telematics – and see which one do you find simpler.

75. Nagaraj says:

Hi Sudeep, I hope you are doing well.

My requirment is a 7 seater SUV with a budget of 130 to 140 K AED. I do about 75 Km a day. Am confused betwen the 2.7 Ltr and 4.0 Ltr version of the Fortuner. The 4.0 Ltr version is approximately 140 K with insurance and Maintenance, which gives me the option of buiying bigger SUV such as Honda Pilot, Dodge Durango and Ford Explorer. The secondary factors that i also consider are comfort, reliability, fun to drive and fuel economy.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Nagaraj, good job doing the shortlist. Now it’s easier – sort of :-) If you are serious about the 7-seater part, then the Pilot or Explorer or Durango could offer you more comfort. Fun to drive still keeps the new Honda Pilot and Explorer in the list but the low clearance limits off-roading abilities. If you do like the ‘bulky bulwark’ styling of Durango, they do offer great deals these days. All four pointers you mentioned could still bring you back to the Fortuner and the 4.0L version makes it a little more interesting to drive, even in the sands.

76. VIren says:

Hi, can you please tell the best offers going on the car, need for lady and budget is between AED 60-100k, looking for best deals going now.

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Hi Viren, There are many offers and flexible deals around. So I would suggest you shop around for some cars the lady likes and take a test drive. So she will get to know what is easier and more convenient for her, in parking, handling etc. As for deals, scan our Best Deals page to see all the deals, but I found Mitsubishi ASX and Pajero; Kia Sportage; Toyota RAV4 and Camry – all have good offers. If you would like something premium, try the Volvo V40 – it is at a good price!

77. Sawyer says:

Hi, I am looking for hyundai genesis models in this page but not here.
    Can you tell me the best offer for genesis?

78. Thulasiram says:

Hi I am planning to buy Renault Talisman, how about your opinion for the same

• Sudeep Koshy says:

With a very modern and engaging cabin tech, I say it is a car to consider alongside Camry, Accord and Passat – and in some respects even better! We have tested the car extensively across the UAE. The Renault Talisman full review will be posted sometime next week. I will update you on that.

79. Joyal says:

I would like to buy a car new one only but without downpayment and with service package . My maximum range is 120000aed. Monthly less than 2000aed . Pls suggest a good one

• Sudeep Koshy says:

Joyal, that’s a good budget to have options. Just try to define some parameters you are looking for mate! Like SUV or sedan; do you need top end specs or want less of tech but more handling enjoyment; any make preferences like European or Japanese; and so on.